Thursday, September 16, 2010
Thursday, September 9, 2010
It's time to get the semester started! The agenda:
- Introductions, group home page
- Research overview
- Dynamics for continuum robots
- Desktop supercomputing
- Alternative navigation
- New student orientation
- Policy -- get everyone started on training. Jacob - update policy page. Krishna - add link to library formatting zip files.
- Make sure everyone is on e-mail list, has permissions to edit home page, task list, SVN. Dr. Jones -- add Quintin, Tommy, Jacob, Ankit (SVN). Get SVN path fixed for everyone else.
- Look at thesis formatting.
- Review software. Get everyone started on SVN. Dr. Jones to do -- find MathType old version.
- Update the people page!
- Discuss recommended courses.
- Schedule weekly meeting times; look at the task list.
- Lab: need to clean and inventory. Dr. Jones - card access for Steven, Ankit.
- SVN, Dropbox need to clean up!
Monday, September 6, 2010
I've been focusing on staying up to date with my inbox, but my blog has fallen far behind. A bit of catch-up:
- I'm using Camtasia to create a series of videos for the "Digital approach to Bible study" Sunday School class I teach. The site uses Joomla, so I got to learn enough of that to post videos using a plugin. While the first two are just .mp4 files and therefore require Quicktime, I figured that uploading an extra file allows me to use the Flash player, which is much more widely supported.
- The Autonomous Robots blog is neat.
- Python(x, y) is great! I'm really liking it for my Intro to Robotics class. I certainly miss some features (a nice integrated debugger is one).
- I decided to have a bit of fun and purchase the original StarCraft. It is fun!