As always, the process begins with some information gathering:
- The Faculty Handbook contains P&T procedures (also available as a PDF).
- The BCoE P&T policies.
- ECE P&T policies.
- The Provost's office page for faculty contains some useful info:
- Documenting teaching effectiveness.
- A list of peer research institutions from which I should get external letters.
- Tips on promotion and tenure.
- The UPTC website (which was very well hidden) has a suggested application organization document. Note: I've been told that the info on this web site is outdated and the site itself will soon be taken down. However, I still find the suggested application organization helpful and see elements of it in the P&T presentation given Spring 2010.