Getting organized: a start-up meeting for the group with items for everyone.
Theme: write, write, write!
- Introduce modified group meeting format
- Weekly report and suggested format. Everyone should (if they don’t have it) create a Wiki page and link to their weekly report on the policies page.
- Thanksgiving and PC
- Individual schedule: 15 minute blocks, 2:15 on.
- NSF proposal
- Request Micro TA for Durga, Krishna; Robotics TA for Ricky
- Provide parts kits for Durga, Krishna
- Help needed: a group-accessible on-line calendar
- Finish Micro book
- Finish review paper
- Finish limiting-case paper
- Begin work on NSF proposal
- Limiting-case: find a path to completion with what we have. Need interval analysis of Jacobian on original vs. stable.
- Final report for DIS: define, illustrate, and derive the dynamic terms.
- Review limiting-case. Write more text!
- Thesis, proposal, DIS report primary task. Write, write, write. Reference Krishna’s derivations. Use illustrations to show why mechanics work.
- Tasks on weekly report should be chapters of the thesis, with tasks under that showing what needs to be done for that chapter.
- ViSP work. Show a working model
- Write up derivation. All the long derivations that will be behind Ricky’s paper.
- Support NSF proposal development, be a resource for others (Durga in particular)
Final report schedule / notes
- Written in IEEE, two-column format. (Krishna can span columns for long derivations.)
- Abstract (written last), introduction (what is the problem and why is it important), related work (what others have done, with citation. Use Endnote, expect for Krishna), body, results and conclusions.
- Thu – complete outline (no text written) with all sections above, at least one item per paragraph.
- 18th – outline to text (rough draft).
- 24th – second draft.
- 28th – final draft.