Thursday, January 28, 2010

Python on a PIC

After some long hours, I got Python compiled and working on a PIC24HJ64GP502. It barely fits, but it does all work! Things to do:
  1. Clean up the make process. In particular, I'd like to be able to use make to build just the C code from the Python sources. I do have everything else building from both MPLAB and a Makefile (ugh).
  2. SVN commit this to the project.
  3. Write code to interface with the hardware. Idea: write a read/writeBit(s)/Word function, then use Python to build nice classes around all the peripherals. However, I'm not sure if there's enough RAM or if the Python will run too slowly to be practical.
  4. Put together a nice GUI so I can edit code, save it in a file, or send it to the PIC\
Some notes: to run ipm, "/cygdrive/c/Python26/python ipm.py --serial=com14 --baud=57600".

No comments:

Post a Comment